Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Misty Irons:

Fortunately, it's not difficult for me to find things I like about people who are thoughtful, honest, introspective, compassionate and courageous, which fits the profile of many gay and lesbian people I know simply because of [the] kind of hardships they've been through. I also like people who think outside the box, have a sense of humor, and understand that life can be disappointing so that they appreciate how things like a good meal, good conversation or a decent movie can get you through the day.

"On having gay friends"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This resonated huge.. thank you for sharing

Amy E. Hall said...

Sabrina, I'm glad this quote was meaningful to you. It certainly was to me. In fact, Misty's entire "On having gay friends" piece is fantastic. If you haven't read it already, I would highly recommend it.