Saturday, November 11, 2017

Quote of the Day

We can't understand what happened in 2016 without confronting the audacious information warfare waged from the Kremlin, the unprecedented intervention in our election by the director of the FBI, a political press that told voters that my emails were the most important story, and deep currents of anger and resentment flowing through our culture.  I know some people don't want to hear about these things, especially from me.  But we have to get this right.  The lessons we draw from 2016 could help determine whether we can heal our democracy and protect it in the future, and whether we as citizens can begin to bridge our divides.  I want my grandchildren and all future generations to know what really happened.  We have a responsibility to history -- and to a concerned world -- to set the record straight.

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton, What Happened, p. xii

No comments: